Chief Financial Officer
Excelsior Orthopaedics, a growing comprehensive Orthopaedic Specialty medical campus with on-site surgery center, is seeking a strategic Chief Financial Officer. With locations in Amherst, Niagara Falls and Orchard Park, Excelsior’s value-driven culture and unmatched focus on patient experience make them the leader in orthopaedic care.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and serving as a member of the senior leadership team, the CFO will be responsible for budgeting, accounting, monthly financial and management reporting, fiscal controls, regulatory compliance and audits, payroll administration, facilities and risk management, financial analysis and modeling, pro-forma financial projections, and enterprise-wide information technology.
The ideal candidate will be a collaborative and service-oriented leader, strong developer of people and a strategic thinker. Experience in health care is strongly preferred.
· Master’s degree in Business strongly preferred, Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
· CPA certification strongly preferred
· 10+ years of financial leadership experience, preferably in health care
· Comfort with complexity, superb problem solving skills
· Strategic thinking
· Strong critical thinking skills
· Team building
· Comfort in fast-paced and growing environments
Qualified candidates may submit resume and cover letter to Jenna Regan, Senior Search Consultant with Performance Management Partners, Inc.: email@example.com.
To learn more about Excelsior Orthopaedics, please visit http://www.excelsiorortho.com/
Director of Patient Access
The ECMC Corporation includes an advanced academic medical center (ECMC) with 602 inpatient beds, on-and off-campus health centers, more than 30 outpatient specialty care services, and Terrace View, a 390-bed long-term care facility. ECMC is the regional center for trauma, burn care, behavioral health services, transplantation, and rehabilitation and is a major teaching facility for the University at Buffalo. Most ECMC physicians, dentists and pharmacists are dedicated faculty members of the University and/or members of a private practice plan. More Western New York residents are choosing ECMC for exceptional patient care and patient experiences—the difference between healthcare and true care™.
To provide every patient the highest quality of care delivered with compassion.
ECMC will be a leader in and recognized for:
· High quality family centered care resulting in exceptional patient experiences
· Superior clinical outcomes
· The hospital of choice for physicians, nurses and staff
· Strong collaboration with community partners to improve access to healthcare and the quality of life and vitality of the region
· Academic affiliations that provide the best education for physicians, dentists, nurses, and other clinical staff
· Access - All patients get equal care regardless of their ability to pay or source of payment. We address the health care needs of each patient that we can appropriately serve, without bias or pre-judgment.
· Excellence - Excellence is a standard that will never be lowered; there is an expectation of excellence in all areas.
· Diversity - We recognize the importance and value of diversity and the enrichment that diversity can bring to ECMCC.
· Fulfilling Potential - We respect the value and potential of each individual as offering a significant contribution to the good of the whole organization. Personal growth and development is important for organizational success.
· Dignity - Each individual, no matter his or her limitations, background or situation, has intrinsic dignity and unique capabilities.
· Privacy - We honor each person’s right to privacy and confidentiality.
· Fairness and Integrity - Equity and fairness are guidelines for all decision-making. We demand personal and institutional integrity.
· Community - In accomplishing our mission we remain mindful of the public’s trust and are always responsive to the immediate surrounding community and our natural environment. This commitment is both as an organization and as individuals. A successful future for ECMCC depends on a vibrant community and a healthy environment.
· Collaboration - Collaboration with other organizations is beneficial within the context of our mission and is fundamental to achieving our goals.
· Compassion - All involved with ECMCC”s service delivery demonstrate caring, compassion and understanding for patients, employees, volunteers and families.
· Stewardship - We can only be successful in carrying out our mission through solid financial performance, and by assuring that resources provided to us are used effectively, in the way they were intended, and for the benefit of our patients and community.
About the Role:
The Director of Patient Access at ECMC is an exciting new position that will take your career in healthcare revenue cycle management to the next level.
This role calls for a leader with strong technical skills in revenue cycle management and an innovative, creative mindset to ensure excellent patient experiences and efficient processes. The Director will work under the direction of the Vice President of Revenue Cycle and alongside the Director of Healthcare Information Management and Patient Financial Services, developing and implementing policies and procedures to ensure Patient Access functions are performed efficiently and effectively. This role will be a key point of contact between the Revenue Cycle Management team and the Ambulatory Services team working to streamline processes, ensure appropriate billing and certify insurance information is accurate and up to date. The new Director must have a strategic mindset, have the ability to implement change and have experience working on large-scale projects in a facility similar to ECMC. This role requires an energetic, engaging, and motivating leader to move the department forward.
· Develops and implements policies and procedures related to Patient Access Services
· Monitors and amends processes to improve the effectiveness of Patient Access Services functions and delivery of services to staff and the public
· Oversees Patient Access Services functions, such as financial clearance, scheduling, pre-registration, authorization and registration, are performed in accordance with ECMCC policies and procedures, health insurance provider guidelines, Joint Commission standards, and applicable laws, rules and regulations
· Develops and implements Patient Access Services goals and objectives that support the mission and vision of ECMCC
· Supervision is exercised over base level professional and clerical staff; Directs the daily activities of Patient Access Services personnel
· Performs or assists in the performance of the hiring, training, discipline and evaluation of base level staff
· Collaborates with physicians and their office staff to improve and streamline procedures in which patients obtain services at ECMCC
· Collaborates with auxiliary medical staff for patient referrals and coordination of services
· Provides support for the utilization of Patient Access Services computerized systems and the coordination to other ECMCC systems or modules including, but not limited to, billing, scheduling, clinical documentation, Imaging Services, and Laboratory Services
· Prepares performance reports based on department and customer feedback, monitoring of processes and patient satisfaction surveys
· Develops and ensures that Patient Access Services operates within the annual operating budget allocations
· Participates in Revenue Cycle meetings, committees, trainings, etc.
Full Performance Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
· Thorough knowledge of:
o The principles, practices and terminology of patient access functions such as patient scheduling, patient registration, patient billing and patient authorization in a hospital
o Patient access standards as they relate to private and public health insurance providers
o Patient billing and reimbursement best practices
o Applicable local, state, federal and accreditation agency laws, rules, regulations and standards as they relate to patient access functions in a hospital
· Proficient knowledge of:
o Hospital computerized systems used in patient access functions
o Hospital and personnel administration
· Ability to:
o Manage multiple priorities
o Develop, implement and evaluate patient access policies and procedures
o Direct and evaluate the work of lower-level staff
o Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
o Establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse constituency
o Utilize a variety of electronic software applications
· Sound professional judgment; capable of performing the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
· Bachelor’s degree, minimum of an Associate’s preferred
· 5-7 years experience in admissions, patient access services or patient financial services, 2 years of which were in an administrative or supervisory capacity
Executive Search Conducted By: Catapult
119 W. Tupper Street | Buffalo NY 14201 | 716.256.1550 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.catapultsuccess.com
Support our entire healthcare system as Corporate Controller. Must be an experienced manager with a CPA and previous hospital/healthcare experience with a desire to work alongside and lead a strong accounting team as we expand our footprint throughout Western NY!
Responsible for the oversight and accountability for the accounting operations of the system, to include the production and/or review of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, maintenance and implementation of financial policies, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the organization's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. KHS
Incumbent must be a Certified Public Accountant, act as a team player and works collaboratively with other departments to effect change and drive positive results.
Minimum or Preferred Qualifications
Bachelor of Science in Accounting or Finance required. Certified Public Accountant required. 5 years of experience in Healthcare Finance required. 3 years of experience in Healthcare Finance Leadership required. Hospital Finance experience preferred.
Kaleida Health offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Please submit your resume in confidence to email@example.com for immediate consideration or visit our career page at www.kaleidacareers.com